1. THE SMELL OF JET FUEL
Seriously though. It’s everywhere
2. SEEING EVERYONE IN FLIGHT SUITS
They don’t actually seem as cool when literally everyone is wearing one.
3. NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAN A SINGLE THING BECAUSE MY HUSBAND’S FLIGHT SCHEDULE IS SO FLUID
My husband’s schedule comes out the night before. I can’t tell you how many weekend trips we have planned and had to cancel last minute.
4. NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK IN THE FIELD THAT I SPENT LOTS OF MONEY AND TIME PURSUING IN COLLEGE
Good thing I got that art history degree, it will really come in handy when I’m applying for a job at the Chili’s on base.
5. MAKING FAST FRIENDS
I don’t think anybody makes faster or deeper friends than military wives.
6. SAYING GOODBYE TO THEM JUST AS QUICKLY
Aaaand then one of you moves.
7. SPENDING MOST OF MY TIME ALONE
Because my husband is always gone.
8. EMAILS AS OUR MAIN FORM OF COMMUNICATION
I’m so tired of writing emails.
9. ACROYNYMS. SO MANY ACRONYMS. (DEA, DET, CDC, COLA, CONUS,TDY…)
I can’t keep track and I never know what my husband is talking about.
10. TRAVELLING ACROSS THE WORLD JUST TO SEE HIM FOR A FEW DAYS IN A PORT STOP IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY
3 trains, a plane, a shuttle and a taxi to spend two nights together? Lets do this.
11. LOTS OF FREE TIME
And no idea how to fill it.
12. TALKING ABOUT WILLS AND PLANNING WHAT HAPPENS IF HE DIES LIKE IT’S TOTALLY NORMAL AND FINE.
13. SEEING THOSE LITTLE GREY MONSTERS SCREAMING ACROSS THE SKY ABOVE ME
I guess this part is pretty cool
WHICH OF THESE CAN YOU RELATE TO?
You can use the image below to pin this blog post